On Wednesday, July 18th I had the pleasure of being invited to 1230 Restaurant & Champagne Lounge New Menu Launch with Raro Lae.
The event was an exclusive Influencer & Media Only New Menu Launch soirée and dinner.
Attendees were able to enjoy and sample the new 12|30 DC (1230 9th Street NW, Washington, DC 20001) menu paired with exquisite champagne, cocktails and more!
The new Fall 2018 menu five-course meal included exquisite appetizers and entrees paired with champagne & cocktails.
So let’s get into the menu.
- Chichinga ( Beef Suya ) – Fiery peanut spiced beef with green peppers and onions
- Domedo (Pork Shoulder) – Tender fried pork with a zesty green chili sauce
- Kelewele – Spicy fried Ghanaian plantains
- Summer Salad – Baby arugula, strawberries, toasted almonds, dehydrated mangoes ,goat cheese tossed in balsamic vinaigrette
- Goat Tartare – Raw goat meat mixed with a mildly sweet berry sauce
- Ceviche – Fresh octopus, shrimp and scallops marinated in a peppery lime sauce
- Waakye and Braised Oxtails – Fork tender oxtails over black eyed peas cooked with jasmine rice, paired with spicy chili tomato sauce
- Goat Meat Ravioli with Ground Nut Sauce – Braised goat meat stuffed in ravioli smothered in savory peanut sauce
- Kose – Black eyed pea beans fritters with hause koko ice cream
- Sweet Plantain Sorbet
The Kelewele – Spicy fried Ghanaian plantains were so crispy and yummy!
The Waakye and Braised Oxtails – Fork tender oxtails over black eyed peas cooked with jasmine rice, paired with spicy chili tomato sauce, was my favorite dish of the night.
The Sweet Plantain Sorbet was an awesome and unique dessert.
Taking pictures with the event host, Raro Lae. Congrats to Raro Lae and 12|30 for a successful launch event. I had a great time.
Post on allthingsankara.com